BSS2 — Microwave Radar Blindspot Detection System
- High Accuracy Digital Microwave Radar Technology
- Two color options for LED indicators for visual alerts
- Buzzer speaker for audible alerts
- GPS Antenna Included for Speed Sensing
- No drilling required
- Not applicable with metal bumpers (See BSS2LPB)
- Cross Traffic Alerts while Reversing
The Radar Blindspot System is based on microwave radar technology for extended distance and sensitivity. Our BSS2 kit adds an extra set of eyes and warns the driver if there are any vehicles approaching in either blindspot before and during a lane change maneuver. Our system uses GPS to initiate operation above 20 MPH eliminating potential fault alerts. Unlike other systems, it requires no drilling into the bumpers. Radar Sensors install behind the bumpers hidden with included metal bracket hardware and alert the driver with two compact LED Indicators mounted on the “A” Pillars and a small hideaway adjustable speaker. This Microwave system is more accurate than previous ultrasonic based sensor solutions from other companies.
Kit also includes newly revised “Reverse Cross Traffic Alerts” for backing/reversing out of a tight space when visibility is limited while vehicles are approaching from left or right side.
- Sensor Operating Frequency 24GHz
- Transmit Powery 15dbm
- Detection Ability 5 targets can be detected at the same time
- Detection Speed Range 0.5mph—137mph
- Speed Accuracy < 0.5mph
- Speed Restriction 1. There are 4 speed restriction options; 5 mph, 10 mph, 15 mph, 20 mph. Default is 20 mph. 2. If no GPS signal is detected or satellites not found, the system will be active at any speed.
- Direction of Movement/Alerts Alerts for Approaching Vehicles
- Operating Voltage 9—18V
- Waterproof (Radar Sensor) Radars: IP67 / Cables: NOT waterproof
- Working Current < 200mA
- Working Temperature -20°C to +70°C
- Installation Angle -20°(Horizontal)
- Gain 12k
In the Box
- Main Control Box
- Main Wire Harness & Extension Cables
- Radar Pucks/Bar
- Black and Grey LED Indicators
- Adjustable Buzzer For Audible Notifications
- GPS Antenna For Low Speed Notification Lock Out
- Velcro, Screws and Other Hardware
- Owner’s Manual And Warranty Information
Shipping and Returns
We offer free shipping on most orders that are $150 or more. The system will automatically detect the cart total and apply it for you. If your order is $149 or less you’ll only pay $9.95 for the entire order. Shipping policies only apply to orders within the continental USA.
Once your order has been completed you can expect to receive your delivery within 7-10 days within the continental USA. We primarily ship via FedEx, but we will notify you if there is a change.
Most of our orders ship within 3-4 business days (some items have longer lead times), and you will be notified if there is a delay for any reason.
We allow returns on new, unused and unassembled items in their original packaging, within 30 days of delivery (returns to carry postmark date before 30-day).
You are responsible for shipping costs on all returns.
To make a return, please use our contact form to send us a message.
Refunds will be processed to the original payment method, minus the original shipping costs that we covered, there is no restocking fee, if returned as new.
If product is not new (with cut wires or scratches on products) then 15% will be deducted as restocking fee.
Once you receive your shipment please examine it as soon as possible. Report any damage to the delivering mail carrier within 48 hours, and to Rydeen Mobile Electronics so that a replacement can be set up.
Carriers are liable for all damage in transit.
The Carrier will make an inspection report. Send this report along with other shipping papers to the carrier with claim. Make sure to keep origin copies for yourself.
Damaged items must remain in the original master carton with all of the packing material from the carton. UPS/FedEx will inspect all of the damaged items and authorize a pick up accordingly. If you discard any of the packing material or the master carton the carrier will most likely reject your claim and we will not be able to provide a replacement or credit to you.
Legal Disclaimer and Product Warning
The product packing, included manuals, installation instructions, usage instructions, and other included materials may hold more information than what is shown on our website. The website is kept as up to date as possible, but is only intended to be a reference, and you should always refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer. Please fully read all included manuals before attempting to install or use this product, as failure to do so may void your warranty or result in physical harm.