BSS3x — Microwave OE 2-way Radar Blindspot Detection System
- High Accuracy Digital Microwave Radar Technology
- Two color options for LED indicators for visual alerts
- Adjustable buzzer speaker for audible alerts
- Self speed sensing, no need to connect with vehicles’ speed sensor
- GPS antenna for enhancing vehicle speed accuracy
- No drilling required
- Not applicable with metal bumpers (See BSS2LPB)
- Cross Traffic Alerts while Reversing
Our newest Radar Blindspot System is based on microwave radar technology for extended distance and sensitivity. BSS3x adds an extra set of eyes and warns the driver if there are any vehicles in either blindspot before or during a lane change maneuver. This system is first to market with 2-way detection with self-speed sensing, giving you alerts for vehicles not only approaching but also the vehicles you may be passing. BSS3x is first to market with features like using state of the art technology to detect vehicles speed and only give audible and visual alerts when traveling 13 mph or greater. It has a self speed sensing unit, so there is no need to connect with your vehicle speed sensor, and the GPS antenna allows for enhanced speed accuracy. Radar sensors install behind the bumper with included metal brackets and tools to insure correct angles are set. Two compact black or grey LED’s come included in each kit for visual alerts along with a hideaway adjustable buzzer for the audible alerts.
Kit also includes newly revised “Reverse Cross Traffic Alerts” for backing/reversing out of a tight space when visibility is limited while vehicles are approaching from left or right side.
- Sensor Operating Frequency 24GHz
- Transmit Power 15dbm
- Detection Ability 5 targets can be detected at the same time
- Detection Speed Range -22.5 mph to 50 mph
- Speed Accuracy < 0.5 mph
- Speed Restriction The system will be only activated at the speed over 13 mph
- Direction of Movement/Alerts Approached or Overtaking Other Vehicles
- Operating Voltage 8V to 30V
- Waterproof (Radar Sensor) Radars: IP67 / Cables: NOT waterproof
- Working Current < .4A
- Working Temperature -20°C — +70°C
- Installation Angle 35° (Horizontal)
- Gain 12k
In the Box
- Main Wire Harness & Extension Cables
- Radar Sensor(s)
- LED Indicators Gray Housing
- LED Indicators Black Housing
- Adjustable Buzzer
- Radar Puck Bracket
- Installation Angle Finding Tool
- Velcro, Screws and Other Hardware
- Owner’s Manual And Warranty Information
Shipping and Returns
We offer free shipping on most orders that are $150 or more. The system will automatically detect the cart total and apply it for you. If your order is $149 or less you’ll only pay $9.95 for the entire order. Shipping policies only apply to orders within the continental USA.
Once your order has been completed you can expect to receive your delivery within 7-10 days within the continental USA. We primarily ship via FedEx, but we will notify you if there is a change.
Most of our orders ship within 3-4 business days (some items have longer lead times), and you will be notified if there is a delay for any reason.
We allow returns on new, unused and unassembled items in their original packaging, within 30 days of delivery (returns to carry postmark date before 30-day).
You are responsible for shipping costs on all returns.
To make a return, please use our contact form to send us a message.
Refunds will be processed to the original payment method, minus the original shipping costs that we covered, there is no restocking fee, if returned as new.
If product is not new (with cut wires or scratches on products) then 15% will be deducted as restocking fee.
Once you receive your shipment please examine it as soon as possible. Report any damage to the delivering mail carrier within 48 hours, and to Rydeen Mobile Electronics so that a replacement can be set up.
Carriers are liable for all damage in transit.
The Carrier will make an inspection report. Send this report along with other shipping papers to the carrier with claim. Make sure to keep origin copies for yourself.
Damaged items must remain in the original master carton with all of the packing material from the carton. UPS/FedEx will inspect all of the damaged items and authorize a pick up accordingly. If you discard any of the packing material or the master carton the carrier will most likely reject your claim and we will not be able to provide a replacement or credit to you.
Legal Disclaimer and Product Warning
The product packing, included manuals, installation instructions, usage instructions, and other included materials may hold more information than what is shown on our website. The website is kept as up to date as possible, but is only intended to be a reference, and you should always refer to the documentation provided by the manufacturer. Please fully read all included manuals before attempting to install or use this product, as failure to do so may void your warranty or result in physical harm.